Over the past ten years stun guns have evolved to become an extremely effective device at preventing harm to individuals in need of protection. However, it goes without saying that in order to appreciate the advantages of the device it is necessary to understand how it functions.
What are Stun Guns?
A stun gun is a type of non-lethal electroshock weapon that uses a high voltage (millions of volts) electric shock to cause brief but intense pain and involuntary muscle contraction. Stun guns provide self defense through pain compliance — basically your attacker is deterred under the threat of pain. And believe me, a million volts of electricity is painful!
Your typical gun will have two metal prongs where the electrical arc is produced. When this arc comes in contact with a person the electroshock is applied, causing pain and even capable of momentarily taking down a large person.
Facts About Stun Guns
1. All stun guns are created equal. Not true. Don’t waste your time with anything under 300,000 volts. It will lack the impact that you need to get any affect on your target.
2. All you have to do is touch the attacker anywhere on his body for the stun gun to work. In fact, most directions will tell you to attack the extremities of your assailant.
In order to get the result you need you should stun the target in the same areas that you would strike them. Neck, face, genitals, inner thighs. These targets will give you the maximum effect you want.
3. The stun gun will work instantly. False. You will need to hold the stun gun on the target and drive it into the surface for, in some cases, several seconds. Let me tell you, five seconds will be an eternity.
Prepare yourself now for what will happen.
4. The attacker will be incapacitated. Remember Rodney King? Not everyone will fall over even if they’re shocked for an extended period of time.
Not all of us are created equal. Some have different pain thresholds, may be under the influence or may be an emotionally disturbed person.
You never know. So plan for the worst and hope for the best. But never expect ANYTHING you do to end the fight.
What to look for when buying a Stun Gun?
Here are some important factors that you will want to consider when purchasing an electroshock self defense product.
- Voltage: Look for something with at least 1 million (1,000,000) volts. The higher the better, as this results in a more intense shock. However the duration of the shock (current) is also very important. The shock duration is related to the battery size.
- Battery: This can be an internal lithium-ion rechargeable battery or a removable alkaline battery. Rechargeable batteries are much more convenient, however the maximum charge will diminish over repeated use and recharging. A larger battery allows for longer shock duration.
- Size: A smaller electroshock gun is easy to carry but the battery will not last as long. A heavy duty gun can pack more juice and dish out multiple repeated shocks without losing its sting.
- Safety Mechanism: You don’t want to accidentally fire a stun device that you are carrying in your pocket. Look for something that has an easy to use but robust safety mechanism.
Where can i buy a Stun Gun?
They are available for nationwide delivery at Gibadi.com. CLICK HERE to buy one online or Call/Whatsapp 09090094868 to order at best price.